The Granville Bridge Connector will transition two centre lanes of the Granville Bridge into a safe, sustainable public walking and biking pathway, to support the growing number of Vancouverites who are choosing to leave their cars behind as we walk, run and roll into a post-carbon future.
The goals of the proposed improvements* are:
- Make walking, rolling, and cycling across the bridge accessible, safe, and comfortable for people of all ages and abilities
- Provide direct and intuitive walking, rolling, and cycling connections to key destinations and to the rest of the network
- Create a special place that provides an enjoyable experience for all
- Accommodate motor vehicles, considering the needs of transit, emergency services, and people driving
- Design with the future in mind, considering related projects and opportunities to coordinate work.
*From the City of Vancouver website: https://vancouver.ca/streets-transportation/granville-bridge-connector.aspx